Monday, August 4, 2014

I Think It Will Be Tuesdays

Yes.  I think I have decided that my blog entries will be on Tuesdays.  Seems like a good day of the week to be reflective, publicly. It is important to me to show my kids how cathartic and centering and healing it can be to honestly reflect every so often.  I am innately reflective, in my mind and on paper.  Never before, however, have I made the commitment to be publicly reflective. I have shared my writing with my students many times because modeling what I expect from them is important, but I think it's time to really show them the power of continual, honest reflection.  So Tuesdays it will be. 
Today I am sitting in my classroom, starting at the rows of empty desks and deciding how I want to arrange them.  Groups? Angled rows? Sections? Hm.  Such decisions to make! Today I am playing with apps and tools with which my students and I will engage as we work toward being the best readers, writers, thinkers, and people we can be.  I cannot wait for my students to teach me a thing or two with this new technology! Today I feel back in the grove...it is always that way when I walk through the doors.  And I am grateful for that feeling.  
So for a moment of honesty today...I AM freaking out a bit that I will be seeing students in those desks in a mere 14 days!  However, as always, I will be more than ready on the eve of the 13th day. How lucky am I to get to have a place to go every day that I absolutely love??  So very, VERY lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment