Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's all about the connections...

When it comes right down to it, all the bells of new technology never matter as much as the people who ring them. I am grateful to be working for a school corporation that provides tremendous opportunities for our kids.  What we are doing this year is pretty impressive for a school our size.  Everyone in the building is embracing it with the required amount of patience we need to employ until every little detail is set. Flexibility is and always will be one of those teacher traits one cannot live without.


But what I loved most about today was reconnecting with the young people who will populate my life for the next 9 months.  It really does feel that way…they populate my life. My life is populated by their varied personalities.  My room is crowded with their youthful banter that affords me much entertainment. Bringing a classroom full of people together in a learning community that works is a beautiful thing and it populates my life with joy.  I know, I sound ridiculously corny, but it is the absolute truth. They share their lives with me.  I share my life with them. Reading and writing are terribly marvelous endeavors of personal exposure. And I ask much of them. I cannot wait to begin reading what they have to say and finding avenues through which we can all connect. That’s the sweet spot of learning…connection.  Connections to the goals, to the material, to the activities, and to the people who populate our world…Room c4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment