Friday, August 22, 2014

On Only my 7th entry...

...I have failed.  Yes.  It is Friday.  It is not Tuesday.  I have already failed at writing and posting on Tuesdays.  I am frustrated by my early slip up.  I cannot, however, let it deter me from remaining vigilant in my pursuit of sharing my personal writing. So here I am, writing and posting on a Friday.
It’s no wonder I did not get this done on Tuesday!  Whew…it has been a whirlwind!


  • The school year is now in full swing and I am inundated with planning, presenting, and grading.
  • I am focused upon what I deliver to my kids and how I deliver it.
  • I am already worried about the kids I see “checking out” and whether or not they will achieve the standards-based goals I am charged with ensuring they reach and, in some instances, whether or not they will successfully reach graduation.
  • I am immersed fully into learning as much as I can about these new devices we all possess and in becoming a more digital, in-the-now sort of teacher.
  • I took my son to Terre Haute and left him there.
  • I am feeling guilty about the poor, sweet puppy I have to leave at home alone every day as he had gotten used to all of my attention this summer.
  • I am remembering how much harder it is to keep my home clean and neat when I go to school every day.
  • Since it has rained and gotten hot, finally, the tomatoes in the garden are exploding.  I am washing I don't know how many every day.  Really.  Lots of them.


See?  I can barely keep track of the days of the week already!  It is a wonderful feeling. To be so connected to and passionate for the things in my life is a blessing.   The days of the week squish and huddle so tightly together that they sneak right by me.   I mean really?  It is Friday already?  My gracious! Of course, the older I get I do begin to wish time would slow down a little.  Well, just a little. 

On a positive not, I do already know about what I will write next time....ON TUESDAY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment